Before you get started…
-why do this? –> the latest builds will often times be more stable, faster, have bug fixes, more features, etc.
-before updating anything, it’s always advisable to backup your current system with ClockworkMod Recovery (aka ROM Manager). it’s always possible that something can go wrong, and you want to have a backup to revert back to your last working state.
Ok, down to business…
1. go to the cyanogen mod nightly build page & download the most recent build (ex. “cm_encore_full-55.zip”)
2. do not unzip the file…just copy it directly to the ClockworkMod Recovery “boot” micro sd card you made before when you installed CM7 the first time.
it should look like this…
3. power off the Nook
4. insert the ClockworkMod Recovery “boot” micro SD card
5. power on the Nook
5a. Nook will automatically boot into ClockworkMod Recovery screen
5b. use volume keys to move up/down to “install zip from sdcard” & select it by pressing the “n”
5c. use volume keys to move up/down to “choose zip fro sd card” & select it by pressing the “n”
5d. select the updated .zip file you want to install (ex. “cm_encore_full-55.zip”)
5e. it will ask you to “confirm install?”
5f. select “yes – install cm_encore_full-55.zip”
5g. the Nook will start updating
5h. when it’s done it will say “Install from sdcard complete.”
6. hit the power button to go back to the main menu
7. remove the microsd card (yes it’s ok to remove it even though the Nook is still on)
8. select “reboot system now”
9. the Nook will power on and it’s now updated to the latest build! (*note: it may take several minutes to boot up, don’t worry just give it some time. if it happens to freeze, no big deal, just power off and back on, and it should be fine.)