A lucky few have had Android 2.2 (aka Froyo) since they purchased their Android phone or their phone has been recently updated. However, most of us are still waiting for this tangy, delicious software update.
But what is there to look forward to in the Froyo update?
1. Overall speed boosts (up to 2x performance gains)
2. Web Browser Update (increased speed AND Adobe Flash 10.1 support!)
3. Android Market Update (allows automatic updating of your apps as they become available instead of having to manually install individual updates. This may not seem like a big deal, but if you have a lot of apps, then it’s been annoying to constantly get notifications of updates becoming available)
4. Install Applications On SD Card (Android phones have 2 forms of memory. Internal memory that’s built in to the phone, and expansion memory in the form of SD cards. This update is awesome because we used to only be able to install apps on the internal memory which can run out. Now we can install a virtually unlimited amount of apps as long as we have a large enough SD card.
5. Wireless Tethering (Use your Android phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot to share its internet connection with your computer or other devices)
6. Voice function updates (ex. better speech to text translations; more voice commands like “navigate to”, “send email”, “send text”, etc)
7. Better Battery Life
8. Ability to edit google docs
9. Chrome to Phone (allows one click sending of web pages on your PC to your phone)
*this post dedicated to HW. thanks for the support bro.